Location: Work from home and various sites as and when required.
Job-type: Volunteer or internship.
Application closing date: Wednesday, 30 September 2020.
Do you love helping people? Enjoy the feeling of turning someone’s frustration of complications into a sigh of relief? To let them know, ” Hey, I got you!”, then you might be our new Head of Accommodation.
As the world’s largest extreme sports festival located in the small village of Voss, we have complex accommodation logistics from time to time. The responsibility as Head of Festivalcamp and/or Accommodation, is the total accommodation logistics for our partners, participants, artists, and other internal resources. Working with different hotels, resorts, and other accommodation providers in Voss. Providing efficient accommodation logistics between Ekstremsportveko and our partners. And providing a good experience for our guests. Solving issues smoothly and leaving them satisfied or even happier than when then originally called. It's not for everyone, but is it for you?
The key responsibilities will be:
- Managing Festival accommodation and working within a budget.
- Working with the leadership team to ensure all artists, special guests, sponsors, volunteers, and other partners have the relevant accommodation booked.
- Managing rooming lists.
- Overseeing Festival staff accommodation.
- Maintaining a friendly, confident, and professional manner in communication with everyone.
- Working with Excel to manage large amounts of data and managing a centralized document
- Lead and supervises staff to operate the Festivalcamp facilities.
- Performs related work as required.
We think you might have some competence and experience with this:
- Experience managing a team or working with volunteers.
- A world champion in Excel or have other routines for keeping track.
- Maybe studying for being the next Petter Stordalen or Conrad Hilton, or just the best in the hotel business.
- Active and have an interest in sports and outdoor life.
- Good English skills.
- Class B driver's license and a laptop.
- Structured, independent, and take responsibility.
- Good mood, and enjoy serving other people.
- Be solution-oriented and creative in stressful situations.
- Like to have a varied working day.
- We’re looking for people who love using “we” instead of “I” and are strong team players.
- Festival pass.
- Unique work experience.
- A network of awesome people.
- Reasonable expenses paid.
- Free coffee.
We also strive for that great balance of being a team that feels like a family. That means we share feedback regularly, support each other’s self-improvement efforts, and take mistakes as opportunities to learn together. Joining Ekstremsportveko is an opportunity to border on an organization with massive scope for impact, backed by an engaged leadership team driven by passion and purpose.
If this is you or someone you know, we would love to hear from you!
Send Application and CV in Norwegian or English to:
The Big Boss