|Kayak Athlete Meeting||Wednesday 26. June||19:00 - 20:00||Lavvo|
|European Championship qualification Round 1||Thursday 27. June||10:00 - 12:00||Myrkdalselvi||Sign up|
|European Championship qualifications Round 2||Thursday 27. June||11:30 - 13:00||Myrkdalselvi|
|European Championship - Finals||Thursday 27. June||13:30 - 14:30||Myrkdalselvi|
|EC Kayak Dinner & Social||Thursday 27. June||18:30 - 20:30||Festival Tent|
This year Ekstremsportvekos own kayaking competition has been chosen to hold the European Championships of whitewater kayaking as a part of AWP world series on June 27 during Ekstremsportveko.
The competition is an individual time trial sprint down a steep technical section of whitewater. This section is meant to test the skills and abilities of the worlds most talented kayakers on the Brandseth river, og our low water option, Myrkdalen river.
(We will announce the venue of the event on the Tuesday evening, giving the athletes a full day of training under own safety on the Wednesday.)
The competition starts at 10.00. With two rounds of qualifications for both male and female. Best of two runs counts, then a combined time for the final (best time + final time= combined time.)
Sign up for dinner after the European Championship 2019 (click on the photo below).
For Athlete, volunteers and kayak crew. Bring your friend, fan club and family too!
Price ceremony will be held in the main tent 20.30.
Where to meet: Festival tent
Time: Thursday 27th of June, 18.30-20.30
Price: 100 NOK per person
1. There is a mandatory briefing in the lounge at the Festival Tent Wednesday 26th of June from 7.30 pm – 8.30 pm.
2. Your boat must be a mass-produced creek boat of serial production with a length of maximum 275 cm that meets the latest safety standards to be allowed.
3. For safety reasons the kayak needs to have solid end loops, attachment points for rescue, and should have some kind of internal structure supports as all other boats have.
4. All participants must wear a helmet conforming to EN 1385 Norm, a white water buoyancy aid conforming to EN 393 Norm or ISO 12402-5 Norm.
5. All participants must wear sufficient protection against cold water.
6. All participants must stay by the take out until 2 more racers cross the finish line.
7. All participants must carry a throw bag in the boat during training and racing.