DESCRIPTION OF COMPETITION
A kayaking race comprised of a timed kayak sprint through major rapids of the classic lower Myrkdalselvi.
Tuesday, June 29
09:00 Mandatory Racer Briefing
10:30 – 15:00 Kayak Sprint Race start
In the event of too high/low water levels the race may be moved to an alternative location. In this case competitors will be notified as soon as possible.
Race course is visible upstream and downstream of road bridge at Årmot - Årmotsvegen. Competitors should use the river right (lookers left) side for hiking their boats the start. Spectators may view the course from the bridge. Please mindful of occasional traffic on this road.
A timed kayak race where paddlers will negotiate through 2 major drops and a final 2 rapids before finishing downstream. All eligible athletes will get one timed qualifying run.
The top 20 men and top 5 women from the qualifying run will get to race in finals (in reverse order) The finals run time will count as the final overall time in the race. (No combined times)
• There is a mandatory briefing at the car park in Myrkdalen 09:00 the same morning as the race.
• All participants must use a PE-plastic creek-boat of serial production (no slicey-boat). The kayak must have a maximum length of 275 cm and minimum weight of 18kg. There must be a minimum of 4 solid grabloops/attachment points for rescue and should have some kind of internal structure support and solid footrests. If you're in doubt about your kayak, read more about kayak rules on: awpkayak.org or ask us in advance.
• All participants must wear a white water helmet conforming to EN 1385 Norm, a white water buoyancy aid conforming to EN 393 Norm or ISO 12402-5 Norm and wear sufficient protection against cold water.
• All participants must carry a throw bag in the boat during training.
• We will perform an inspection of you and your gear and have the right to refuse any participants who aren't sober or aren't showing a valid athleetspass. Or whose kayak or equipment seems unsafe or not up to standards.
• All participants must stay by the take out until 2 more racers cross the finish line.
Athletes under 18 years must have a signature from parents to enter our events. More information here: https://portal.ekstremsportveko.com/Home/Policy . Send the form to the head of kayaking Nina Trana email@example.com
- Race organizers have the right to consider a paddler who may not be capable to paddle the course safely as ineligible to compete.
- Mass-produced creek boat
- Sufficient protection against cold water
- Whitewater buoyancy aid
- Throw bag
Location: Årmotsvegen - Myrkdalen
Put – In of the lower Myrkdalselva in Myrkdalen approx. 25 mins drive from Voss.
GPS coordinates: 60.858190, 6.496975
Parking at Myrkdalen Resort parking lot. Turn left into resort and then right into lower parking lot parallel to main road.
REGISTRATION / SIGN UP
Registration opens: Open
Registration closes: Closes 26th of June.