CATEGORY: RAFTING COMPETITION
- To battle! 2 boats, head 2 head knock out heats.
- The course starts at Voss Active Klatrepark and finishes just below the rapid Laila.
- Knock out system, until the final pair of teams reach the final.
Heats are decided by the results from the Giant Slalom result positions. The fastest team meets the slowest and so forth. The highest-ranked team chooses the start position in the eddy. The winning team of each round MUST get their raft and gear on the minibus and get back to the start line ASAP!
After we have had a morning briefing, we make our lunch, load up the buses and head up into the river.
A full training run will be done before the start of the competition.
- Pushing boats with paddles, is ALLOWED
- Blocking boats with boats is ALLOWED
- Ramming boats with boats is ALLOWED
- Paddle to body contact is NOT ALLOWED
- Holding on to other rafts is NOT ALLOWED
Start of training run: 10.00
Race start: 13.00
Race finish: 14.15
Only one of the athletes signs up for their team.
Mixed teams with 4 participants on each team.
You need to have whitewater experience and know-how to behave if you or your friends need rescuing in grade 3-4 whitewater. We have everything from world-class rafters to river trainees coming to compete.
We can provide helmets, wetsuits, boots, PFD, paddles, riverboards, and rafts. Basically, everything you need. Every team MUST have a personal throwbag in the raft. As most of the throwbags from Voss Active are being used by the safety teams, bring your own throwbag.
Voss Active, Nedkvitnesvegen 25, 5710 Skulestadmo
GPS coordinates: 60.654791, 6.443448
REGISTRATION / SIGN UP
Registration opens: 15th of March
Registration closes: Closes 26th of June.